I went, I showed and I conquered the October Art Walk in Meridian, MS. The weather was nice with no wind battles. I was truly thankful I did not have to do a picking my art off the ground marathon during the Art Walk. The foot traffic was a lot better than the last show. Leading up to the Art walk I did my best to ensure I conquered all the reminders on my previous notes to self; however I did not do everything on my previous notes to self, but overall it was a great showing. I made only a few sales, but the public interaction and information received from other artists on site were priceless. I will spare you from all the long details of the event and just go right to the notes to self I made after the Art Walk. 🙂
- 1. Do keep having a themed booth.
- 2. Arrive earlier next time, so I can have enough time to put up backdrop curtains and other accents.
- 3. Do keep having a giveaway at each event.
- 4. Always create an eye-catching sign for giveaways.
- 5. Do pack well and put everything in order.
- 6. Stop devaluing the price of my art and I say it again stop it.
- 7. Don’t order updated business cards two weeks before the show again unless I am 100% sure I will receive them before the show. (Note-I received them when I got home in the mailbox after the show.)
- 8. Do buy a traveling cart to haul all my stuff in one trip if possible, so I nor my husband will be covered in sweat before the event starts.
- 9. Do invest in prints of my art for the next event.
- 10. Do have an email sign up option during the event.
- 11. Make sure next time my sign that reads I take credit and debit cards are not still in my supply bag.
- 12. Don’t forget to help spread the word about the next upcoming art event.
Do you have notes of your own, to have a better show? Feel free to share them in the comment section below. I hope your next show is a great one.
Art With A Purpose